The Race is ON!!
Official registration has now closed but if you still want to join in this exciting event, please contact Sam on 050 130 2128.
With over 32+ teams are registered - it's going to be a great day out in the dunes. we are willing to accept team signing up on the day itself. just show up as a group of three cars and we will sign you up.
Your fist challenge is ready, you now need to program your GPS device to be able to reach the start point of the event. to do so please download the appropriate track file for your GPS device
Garmin MapSource format (used for all Garmin GPS devices)
Descreption: Track and waypoints together in one file that you will need to drive from the entrance gate to the start point. We recommend you deflate your tires before you drive on this track to the starting point. the track is 95% catch road and 5% small dunes.
If you have a non Garmin device please download a zip file containing the above files in GPX format
Click Here to download DesNav tracks and points in GPX format
The most important piece of information is where you need to be and at what time. The entry point to DesNav 2013 is Easting 0233650 Northing 2597864 with the start and finish at Easting 0248123 and Northing 2586515. The nearest ADNOC is at Al Fathiya which is at Easting 0234839 and Northing 2618018. Please note that these coordinates are given in UTM Zone 40 Q, WGS84 Datum.
You need to know that the Al Fathiya ADNOC only takes cash so please ensure you have some.
The timings for the event are as follows:
7.30am – 9am Registration and safety check of all cars
9am – 9.30am Welcome introduction, safety briefing and distribution of coordinates
9.30am Event starts
5pm All teams must return to base camp
6pm Awards Ceremony
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT at site BY 8:45AM YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE PART
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THERE WILL NOT BE ANY FOOD SERVED ON THE DAY. YOU HAVE TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT
- I have packed all my gear and stocked enough food and water for the day (Only breakfast is provided by the DesNav team)
- I have arranged to carry with me 20L to 40L of extra fuel for the event
- I'm equipped with all safety equipment (Please read our FAQ # 6 for more information. Cars that don't have flags or recovery points will not be allowed to join the event.)
- I have printed the application form that i have received via email on registration.
- I have packed my camping gear (applicable to people who are camping the night with the desnav team on Friday. all are welcome to join)
- I have checked out the guides on how to your a GPS device for beginners and advance (Click here to view it now)
below is an overview of the location of the event: