The Challenge is on
Official registration has now closed but if you still want to join in this exciting event, please contact us and we will concidre your request.
Your fist challenge is ready, you now need to program your GPS device to be able to reach the start point of the event. to do so please download the appropriate track file for your GPS device
The Coordinates and tracks are in GPX & KMZ format.
Descreption: you will find track and waypoints together in one file that you will need to drive from the entrance gate to the start point. We recommend you deflate your tires before you drive on this track to the starting point. the track is 95% catch road and 5% small dunes. The GPX format provided is compatible with all navigational device. Please contact us if you face any dificulties with the file. The most important piece of information is where you need to be and at what time. The entry point to DesNav 2016 is Northing 2602370 | Easting 0779904 with the start and finish at Northing 2598715 | Easting 0765641. The nearest ADNOC is at Madinat Zayed which is at Northing 2618935 | Easting 0775783. Please note that these coordinates are given in UTM Zone 39 Q, WGS84 Datum.
The timings for the event are as follows:
7.00am – 9am Registration and safety check of all cars
9am – 9.30am Welcome introduction, safety briefing and distribution of coordinates
9.30am Event starts
5pm - 5:45PM All teams must return to base camp
6pm Awards Ceremony
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT at site BY 8:45AM YOU WILL DISQUALIFIED
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT SERVE ANY FOOD ON THE DAY. YOU HAVE TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT
- I have packed all my gear and stocked enough food and water for the day.
- I have arranged to carry with me 20L to 40L of extra fuel for the event
- I'm equipped with all safety equipment (Please read our FAQ # 6 for more information. Cars with missing equipment will be penalised or even disqualified.)
- I have printed the application form that i have received via email on registration.
- I have packed my camping gear (applicable to people who are camping the night with the desnav team on Friday. all are welcome to join)
- I have checked out the guides on how to your a GPS device for beginners and advance (Click here to view it now)